5G Private Networks
The emergence of the 5G standard in mobile networks became the basis for implementing new business models and service offerings.
Expanding the requirements for 5G networks to include parameters typical of industrial networks, for example increased reliability and low latency, allows construction of the so-called “private networks” dedicated to individual customers and not shared as in the case of previous generation networks.
In November 2021, the President of Polish regulator, UKE (Urząd Komunikacji Elektronicznej / Office of Electronic Communication) announced its intention to make the 70 MHz band in the 3.4GHz range available for the construction of 5G private networks. Systemics-PAB has actively joined these activities in terms of quality measurements and promotion of technological solutions dedicated to 5G private networks.
Launch of pilot installations for the industry in Poland, including at the Technical University of Lodz (Politechnika Łódzka) and PKN Orlen confirmed that 5G can meet industry requirements.
Experience from the pilot implementation confirms that Systemics-PAB can offer a comprehensive 5G private network deployment service to the customer consisting of:
- Gathering and analyzing customer requirements
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Preparation of a solution concept for the customer
- Radio measurements in a customer environment
- Installation and configuration
- Maintenance service
- Monitoring and optimization
Service delivery is based on three core pillars:
- Leverage of existing competencies in radio measurement, financial analysis, maintenance, monitoring, optimization, and marketing
- Development of new competencies in radio planning and architecture for the preparation of solution design
- Strategic partnership for supply of infrastructure and installation of radio systems and network elements based on entities having products adapted to the specifics of private networks e.g. cooperation between Systemics-PAB and Athonet company